Concussion Legacy Foundation
"Concussions can derail a life. The Concussion Legacy Foundation believes we all have a responsibility to ensure athletes can reach their full potential on and off the field. We are committed to protecting athletes and families through research, policy, and education."
1. Brainline.org. http://www.brainline.org/com
2. NIH Director’s Blog. https://directorsblog.nih.gov/tag/chronic-traumatic-encephalopathy
3. The Concussion Blog. https://theconcussionblog.com.
2. The Brain Injury Research Institute. http://www.protectthebrain.org/.
3. Boston University CTE Center. http://www.bu.edu/cte/about/.
4. Matthew Gfeller Sport-Related Traumatic Brain Injury Center at UNC Chapel Hill. http://tbicenter.unc.edu.
5. Plasticity Brain Centers. https://www.plasticitybraincenters.com/.
6. Banner Alzheimer’s Group and Mayo Clinic Arizona. https://www.bannerhealth.com/About+Us/News+Center/Press+Releases/Banner+Alzheimers+Institute+and+Mayo+Clinic+Arizona+to+participate+in+multi+center+study+of+Chronic.htm.
7. Cleveland Clinic. http://knpr.org/knpr/2015-12/cleveland-clinic-lou-ruvo-center-brain-health-study-cte.
9. Balance Assessment in the Management of Sport-Related Concussion. Kevin M. Guskiewicz. Clincis in Sports Medicine. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S02785919100007859.
10. Repetitive Brain Injury and CTE. Amanda Perkins. Nursing Made Incredibly Easy. http://www.nursingcenter.com/cearticle?an=00152258-201605000-00007&Journal_ID=417221&Issue_ID=3420523.
11. Neuroimaging assessment of early and late neurobiological sequelae of traumatic brain injury: implications for CTE. Mark Sundman. Frontiers in Neuroscience. http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fnins.2015.00334/full.
((((12. Case Report of 25 Year Old Highlights Difficulty of Diagnosing CTE. Dan Hurley. Neurology Today. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/293192157_Case_Report_of_25-Year-Old_Highlights_Difficulty_of_Diagnosing_CTE.
13. Alteration of Default Mode Network in High School Football Athletes Due to Repetitive Subconcussive Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: A Resting-State Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study. Kausar Abbas, et al. Brain Connectivity. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/266027372_Alteration_of_Default_Mode_Network_in_High_School_Football_Athletes_Due_to_Repetitive_Sub-concussive_mTBI_-_A_resting_state_fMRI_study.))))
14. Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy in Athletes: Progressive Tauopathy After Repetitive Head Injury. Ann C. McKee, et. al. Journal of Neuropathology & Experimental Neurology. LINK NEEDED
15. Chronic traumatic encephalopathy: a spectrum of neuropathological changes following repetitive brain trauma in athletes and military personnel. Thor Stein, et al. Alzheimer’s Research and Therapy. http://alzres.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/alzrt234.
((((((16. Changes in the neurochemistry of athletes with repetitive brain trauma: preliminary results using localized correlated spectroscopy. Alexander Lin, et al. Alzheimer’s Research and Therapy. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/272408392_Changes_in_the_neurochemistry_of_athletes_with_repetitive_brain_trauma_Preliminary_results_using_localized_correlated_spectroscopy.))))
17. Role of Subconcussion in Repetitive Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: A review. Julian Bailes, et al. Journal of Neurosurgery. http://thejns.org/doi/10.3171/2013.7.JNS121822.
18. Long-term Consequences of Repetitive Brain Trauma: Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy by Robert Stern, et al. PM&R Journal. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1934148211005296.
19. Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy: A Potential Late Effect of Sport-Related Concussive and Subconcussive Head Trauma. Brandon Gavett, et al. Clinics in Sports Medicine. http://www.sportsmed.theclinics.com/article/S0278-5919(10)00086-4/fulltext.
20. Long-term Neurocognitive Dysfunctionin Sports: What is the Evidence? Gary Solomon, et. al. Clinics in Sports Medicine. http://www.sportsmed.theclinics.com/article/S0278-5919(10)00076-1/fulltext.
21. The Concussion Diaries: One Football Player’s Secret Struggle with CTE. Reid Forgrave. GQ Magazine. http://www.gq.com/story/the-concussion-diaries-high-school-football-cte.